A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

May 23, 2013

"Glenn Kramer"


Glenn Kramer is one of my best and longest known friends.  We grew up together in a small central California coastal community called La Selva Beach, and except for a 15-year period when we ran in different circles after high school, have been close friends our entire lives.  He's my best client and one of my very best friends.  He loves me, and I do not take that lightly.

I have met only a small handful of individuals who have been able to maintain their love for me for more than a few years or so.  I am a very high maintenance individual.  Demanding of myself and of others, especially when I care about them.  Like my dear old mom used to say… "All I'm trying to do is help you to be perfect… just like me."

                                                                   - - - - - - - - - -

It was at dinner that Glenn told me he'd decided to turn back.  I wasn't too surprised.  Disappointed yes, but not surprised.  I'd prepared myself for the very real possibility that Glenn was just not cut out for a cross Country adventure with someone like me.  There were no hard feelings, at least not on my part.

But the teasing and kidding I'd been giving him about his parking maneuver and his battle with heat stroke had taken its toll on him.  He wasn't happy and said he'd be heading back to spend a few days in Las Vegas the next morning.  Oh well, I'd done all my previous road trips solo so I was certainly not gonna let his lack of ability to laugh at himself, keep me from enjoying myself.

I felt bad that we were separating, but I hope he recovers from the drama & trauma of this trip, and decides to ride with me again someday.  Glenn and I have always had our differences, and will probably butt heads again… but in the end and from the heart… we are from the same Tribe, called:  "Brothers from different Mothers."
                                           
I wasn't more than 10 miles out of town before I'd completely gotten over the problem with my friend.  Glenn and I are close and we truly love each other, but our personalities are not very similar.  I'm better on my own.  I have yet to find anyone who can enjoy my company for more than a few days, without taking some time alone, or else suffer from some sort of insanity or other mental disorder.


No comments:

Post a Comment