A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

HERE ARE MY STORIES

January 15, 2010

The Last Adventure... (of 2009): Day 10- 600 words


Sunday 12/27/09

5:15am - Time to get up… to lightly falling snow!  I had my coffee and smoke, and thought about sitting under the falling snowflakes in the hot tub, but decided against it.  Instead, I sat on the toilet to read, so the lights wouldn't bother our hosts, who sleep with their bedroom door open.

Because of the snow we decided to hit the road earlier than we had talked about.  We were planning on driving up to Mt. Batchelor, but with these conditions it would've meant spending another night with Jacques and Lovely, and even though they would've been more than happy to have us, we wanted to keep moving.  Incredibly and against all the odds… G and I were still enjoying each other's company!

On our way back to the highway, I missed my turn and backed up in the middle   of the road along the tracks I'd made thru the fresh snow.  There were two other trucks on the road that had to wait for me, but neither of them seemed upset and were probably laughing at me, when they saw my California plates.  I remember from my previous visit how friendly the people here are. I love (Sunriver) Oregon.

We continued slipping and sliding our way towards the highway, where it turned to fairly good driving.  There was more traffic, and the road crews had scattered gravel and dirt on the sections of road with hills and curves, and as long as we didn't make any sudden moves and were going in a straight line where there was no gravel, we were fine.

It was mostly a flat road to Klamath Falls, and by the time we got there the clouds were clearing and we even got some sunshine and some dry sections on the road.

From there we went over one more mountain pass before getting to Medford, and the warm comfort of the ocean's influence.  But even before we were out of the snow, I told G I was gonna miss it.  She agreed.  Living in Santa Cruz doesn't afford us many opportunities to be in the snow.

From Medford we followed Highway 199, a very scenic route to the coast.  I heard Honey, all the way from her garage in Santa Cruz… asking me to be sure to bring her back to this road.  There were lots of nice twists and turns… steep cliffs rising on one side of the road, and falling on the other side… and the lovely Smith River below, with more than enough swimming holes to go skinny dipping in during the heat of summer, I'm sure.

I assured Honey out loud that she'd get a chance to experience this road.  G laughed at me, but she's getting used to the way I feel about my motorcycle, and even refers to her as 'Honey' most of the time.

By the time we got to Crescent City on the northern coast of California, we were both ready for a motel with a king size bed.  G and I love to cuddle, but we also like to stretch out and be able to toss and turn at will during the night, without the fear of bashing an elbow into the face of our partner.

We'd only traveled about 275 miles that day, but the first half was slow and stressful, on snow and ice covered Hwy 97 from Sunriver, so we were both whipped puppies.  Not whipped enough however, for G to give me some lovin'.    8 for 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment