A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

HERE ARE MY STORIES

January 15, 2010

The Last Adventure... (of 2009): Day 3- 1.2k words


Sunday 12/20/09

5am - Ned up, instant coffee (yuck), smoke, and short walk outside the condo.  As I was finishing the process of transferring my journal entries onto my laptop, and expanding the memories… G woke up early…

6am - Morning conversation with my beloved.  G and I don't usually have a chance to wake up together.  I'm usually at the gym when she gets up, so when we do… it's very nice.  Cuddling and snuggling and talking about our dreams and our ideas for the upcoming day, week, month, etc., it's a truly wonderful time to spend with her.  I wish we could make it happen more often, but for some reason, if I don't get my sorry ass to the gym by at 7am at the latest… I just don't have the motivation and don't do it at all.  Yes, I really am a morning person, that's for sure.

8am - Rand & Kathy were finally ready and we took walk to local 'foo-foo' coffee shop.  I paid $2.50 for a black coffee.  Rand had a $4 cup of tea, and the gals ordered $6 lattes.  They were all excited to see the pretty designs the guy made with the steamed milk on the tops of their cups.  Girls.  Jeesh.

After 30 minutes of small talk, I started to get antsy.  First I got up and stretched for a while.  Then I paced back and forth across the room, stopping for a moment each time I passed our table, and then continued pacing.  Finally, I put on my coat and walked out the door, and told them I'd meet them outside.

I felt a little guilty, but I was in my 'gotta go, gotta go, gotta go go go' mood.  We were burning daylight, and I could hear the adventures on the trail, calling out to me.  The guilt I felt disappeared after about 10 minutes.  I was just giving up, and going back inside the coffee shop, to grab G by the collar, when they came out.

"I'm sorry for rushing you guys outta there," I said in as a sincere a voice as I could muster.  "Oh you didn't rush us honey," G said, with a tone matching my sincerity perfectly.  Yes, we are cute, aren't we?

On the walk back to their condo we went thru an open field by some abandoned railroad tracks, and I found a treasure pile of old railroad spikes.  I stood over the pile for about a minute before G finally said, "Are you ok?  What are you doing?"  I told her, "I'm looking for the one that's calling out to me."  

Will my cuteness just never cease?

9am - We all went out for breakfast at 'The Dragonfly'.  Good food, good ambience, and good waitress named 'Cutie.'  I guess G and I are destined to be around a lot of cute this trip.

As we were leaving the restaurant, G asked me if I wanted her to buy me a shirt.  I looked at the shirt and didn't really think it was me, so I thanked her and said, "No."  After we got back in the truck, she asked me if it was the cost of the shirt that had made me say 'no'.  I told her the truth, that that was a part of it.  I told her I was already happy and didn't need a gift from her, to make me feel any happier.  I also told her I didn't think the design on it was appropriate for me (a dragonfly).

That's when I learned something about my new girlfriend.  She told me she was grateful I didn't say 'yes', when I knew I didn't like it, and then said that she didn't offer to buy me the shirt to make me happy, she said she offered to buy it because it would make her happy.  Gaeir Louise Dietrich… I love you.  You are a special person, and I hope I can be a worthy boyfriend for a long, long time with you.

We said our good-byes to Rand & Kathy, and for some reason I thought to ask them what their favorite part of the movie was, wondering if it might be the same as mine.  Sure enough… after thinking for only a couple of seconds, they both looked at each other and said… at the same time…"It was the line when they said, 'I See You' to each other. "  I love Rand and Kathy. 

11am - We took a seven-mile sidetrack to "The House of Mystery", but found the mystery spot closed.  It was just like the one in Santa Cruz… a group of buildings constructed on the side of a hill, creating optical illusions which made things look different than you would expect, such as a ball that looks like it's rolling uphill. 

The 'vortex' was still working tho… according to G.  She professes to be sensitive to certain types of energy.  That is one of many of her personality traits that I find cute and endearing.  She can be so 'rigid' and 'professional' one minute, then… well… at least she doesn't wear a tin foil hat to protect her from the alien mind readers.

4:30pm - We arrived in Portland, checked into a motel, and caught Ashley & John on the phone, just as they were heading out to get coffee.  G and I both looked at each other with a puzzled expression after I hung up the phone.  "Why would they be going out to coffee, when we had told them earlier that we would be calling them to get together around 4pm?"  Kids.  What can ya do but luv 'em.

When we got to their apartment, we rang their doorbell and got no answer.  Then we realized we couldn’t call them either, 'cuz I forgot my phone at the motel.  I used to remember phone numbers in my head… or keep them in an address book… back in the olden days.

We didn't have to wait too long before Ashley came out for us and took us upstairs to their third floor apartment-loft with a view of the park.  Besides the almost nauseating smell of pot, it was a cute little place.  I hadn't known my little girl even smoked pot.  I did too, when I was her age, and she's excelling at her schooling and work, so I'm not worried in the least.

After a short while, we drove to a casual nearby 'buffalo wings' restaurant… had a casual dinner of buffalo wings… and then went back to their apartment.  I was disappointed that we didn't get invited in, and then… all of a sudden… the evening with my daughter ended.  Two hours.  Not nearly long enough.  I tried to feel sorry for myself, but just couldn't.  My little (middle) daughter was growing up… she was now engaged, and had a life of her own.  I hope it is a full and joyous life… she's a sweetheart and deserves it.

We went back to motel… watched a foot ball game and played cards… and then… had sex.  That's three days in a row!   We were asleep by 9pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment