A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

HERE ARE MY STORIES

January 15, 2010

The Last Adventure... (of 2009): Preface- 425 words



            

                THE LAST ADVENTURE

 

 

 

 


 

                           (OF 2009)

 

 

This is the seventh installment of my recent decision to document some of the meaningful activities of my life.  This story is different… for two reasons:  (1) It is the first (besides my initial story) of an adventure trip without my motorcycle 'Honey' as the means of transportation, and (2) It's the first time I've documented a story where I am not alone for the entirety of the trip.  I hope it's not the last.


 

Gaeir (rhymes with fire) is continuing to support the development of my spiritual and artistic endeavors and was kind enough to finance this adventure… a loop, no… a figure eight, from Santa Cruz, CA to Seattle, WA to Enterprise, OR and then back to Santa Cruz.  We also made stops to visit friends and family in Walnut Creek, CA, Weed, CA, Ashland, OR, Portland, OR, and Sunriver, OR.


                 I hope you find the distraction of my story enjoyable.

 

                                      Other Stories by this Author:

                         The Yucatan Peninsula vs. Hurricane Wilma

                           Please Allow Me To Introduce My Selves

                                                 I Love Texas

                               From Here to There and Back Again

               Sometimes You Find Love in the Most Unexpected Places

                         California is my Home  (but I still Love Texas)


Not long after returning from Austin, Texas with Honey (my motorcycle), Gaeir asked me if I was interested in taking a trip during her holiday vacation, to visit family members we don't often see.  I have one daughter in Portland and one in Seattle, and she has two brothers in eastern Oregon.  She'd not yet met mine, and I hadn't met hers, so I quickly and easily agreed.  Family has always been important to me, and since Gaeir and I are planning on continuing our relationship, it only made sense for us to become acquainted with our closest relatives.

As our departure date approached, I began to notice a nervous excitement growing inside me.  This was gonna be the first adventure story-log I was going to do, traveling by a vehicle other than Honey.  The only reason I agreed to give her a rest for this trip, is because we were gonna be traveling in the dead of winter in the Great Northwest Territory of our Nation, and I knew we would be on roads that might require us to have chains on our tires… not acceptable riding weather on a motorcycle.  I knew Honey would accept the decision with a smile and probably more than just a little relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment