A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

HERE ARE MY STORIES

January 11, 2010

From Here To There And Back Again: DAY 1- 550 words



FROM  HERE


TO  THERE



and


BACK  AGAIN


Highlights from my adventure ride from:

Aptos-California to Seattle-Washington


and back again


Story by:  Ned Opdyke

Email:  nedopdyke@gmail.com

Blog:  www.motorcycleadventurestoriesandmore.blogspot.com/

Website:  www.opdykeconstruction.webs.com/


This is "Honey"








A Honda 2006 VTX 1300 RLS



THURSDAY, MAY 14th, 2009 - DAY 1:                                                             

I got up at 6am and excused myself from the bed of a new friend, and went home to finish packing.  This is not going to be a story of my exploits, but darn it anyway… it was the very first booty call I've ever had in my entire life!!

I met Dominique at the Seabright Pub a few months ago.  She caught my attention primarily by the way she was prancing around the dance floor all by herself, like an uncoordinated spaz.  I noticed the looks she was getting from some of the other patrons and saw that most of them were embarrassed for her, but guess what… I thought she was a doll.  When I introduced myself to her, she refused to tell me her name… so me, being the fun loving guy I am, began to guess.  It only took me one guess.  I was actually slightly off... I guessed Angelique.  Interesting huh?

She's very cute and very unique…off the wall, but in a good way.  Very bright intellectually, with very expressive lips and the body of a gymnast.  A strong willed, highly confident woman about 5' tall.  Quite the little package.

After kissing her cheek and receiving a closed eyes farewell smile, I went home and showered… finished the last of my packing… and was on the road by 10am.  It was almost noon by the time I got out of Michael's on Main, the neighborhood restaurant-bar.  After serving me my 2nd cocktail, Morgan gave me the names of a couple of his buddies who worked at a beer pub-grill at the base of Mt. Hood in northern Oregon.  He said they would remember him, and asked me to tell them he was gonna be in town for the upcoming 4th of July weekend.

It was a fairly uneventful ride to Sacramento… my first night's stop on this adventure.  The reason I took this trip, besides another opportunity for exploration and adventure on my motorcycle, was to watch my middle daughter Ashley graduate from College.  She was getting her BA in Social Work from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA.

Ashley and her older sister Kellie are survivors.  From the divorce of their parents, and from the delinquent attention they received from their mother.    Mimi is doing much better now, and seems to be relatively recovered from her drug and alcohol abuse… as long as she stays on her medications.

'Ash' accepted a tennis scholarship out of high school, but burned herself out.  Damn that cursed Opdyke competitive nature.  Fortunately, she's since learned how to temper her exuberance.  She is turning herself into an incredible person.

About the only thing worth mentioning about my ride from Soquel to Sacto was what happened at one of my rest stops on I-5, just south of Stockton.  As I was emptying my bladder under a tree, a little baby bird fell out of it's nest… careened off my head, and died on the ground at my feet.  I won't show you the picture I took.


No comments:

Post a Comment