A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

HERE ARE MY STORIES

January 11, 2010

From Here To There And Back Again: DAY 13- 425 words



TUEDAY, MAY 26th - DAY 13:

6:00am - Up, hugs with J & L, coffee, posts, and morning beer.

8:00am - Off and away.

10:00am - Summer Lake and fuel for Honey.  This was my second to last day on the road and after 12 days, I could feel myself getting tired.  My principal staple of beer for nourishment was gonna be less and less, the closer we got to home.  Most accidents happen within 100 miles of your home and I had no intention of being a statistic.

10:30am - Summer Lake Hot Springs.  I met and chatted with Duane, a recent transplant from Portland.  Lovely had asked me to say hi to him for her.  He has 145 acres and says he'd like to learn to ride a horse and fit in more with the locals, but he doesn't like cowboy hats and doesn't want to wear anything except his tennis shoes.

As I was leaving his spread, I came up on 2 cowgirls, Dana & Anna.  They were helping with the cattle drive… right down the middle of the highway.  I chatted a spell with 'em, and then… as per their ok, idled Honey down the middle of the road, thru the middle of the herd.  I wish I woulda stopped and taken a picture of the look of confusion in the eyes of the cows.  It was classic.

Noon - The town of Paisly was just down the road not a fer piece from the cattle drive.  I was only able to finish a small portion of the biggest burger I've ever had.  2 huge patties of ground buffalo, ½ pound of sliced ham, 3 pieces of bacon, an egg, three slices of cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce.  Wholly mackerel.

2:00pm - Alturas.  I was partly glad to be back in my home State of California, and partly sad.  My adventure was winding down.  Stopped for gas and beer.

4:00pm - Susanville.  The non-stop activities of the last 13 days was talking its toll on this old man.  I could've made it to Reno without too much trouble, but I decided not to push it, so I tied Honey to the hitching-post early… got a motel… went in the room and…

6:00pm - Asleep.            341 miles for the day, and 2,780 for the trip.

8:00pm - Woke up to watch Orlando beat Cleveland by one in overtime to tie the series at 2-2.

8:15pm - Back asleep 'til…


No comments:

Post a Comment