A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

HERE ARE MY STORIES

May 17, 2013

"Connection ~ Suicide ~ Deer"


It was after five by the time I got outta BK's place, but I wasn't upset about the time I'd spent there.  Stopping to smell the roses (or the beer) and making new friends was what this trip was supposed to be all about.  Oh, besides visiting family and looking for work that is.

As I was putting Honey back on the road… a car with two beautiful blondes was pulling into the parking lot.  The driver looked at me and said, "You're not leaving are you?"  I responded with, "Doggone it, I sure wish I wasn't, but when you go inside, tell them you just met Ned, and they'll give you my phone number, so we can hook up when I come back thru town in a couple weeks."
Boy, I sure am a flirt.  But I'm a harmless flirt.  All bark and no bite.  Honest.  Really.  You can trust me.

Hwy 95 on the California side of the Colorado River was a road I had been looking forward to.  It's a really nice 2-lane highway, with lots of nice benders and rolling terrain.  It had been fun to drive in my car, so I new Honey and I were gonna enjoy it.

I was feeling safe… connected, as the brotherhood calls it… so I jumped on Honey pretty good.  She's only a 1300, but she still has pretty good giddy up, and I went from about 5mph to my cruising speed of around 80, in about the same length of time that it took you to read the last two sentences.

When I came around the next corner, I saw one of those yellow diamond shaped road signs… the kind with a picture of a cow on it, to warn people that this was an open range area.  As I backed off the throttle a little, I smiled…  I thought and probably said out loud something to the effect of, "Oh yeah, other golfers on the course."  That's a phrase I came up with years ago, and I use it whenever I remember that I am not the only person (or cow) in the world.

It was dusk and that's the time that a lot of the wildlife begins their nightly carousing.  I smiled because I felt the connection growing stronger.  That sign had come around the corner to remind me that this trip was not a race.  It was only at its infancy, and if it was going to mature into a well-adjusted adult, I should not get in a hurry.  I have always considered myself blessed, or lucky if you wish… in many ways… starting from the incredible parents I had.  I am lucky… I know I am.  That's why I'm still around to tell this story.  There have been several occasions when I should have died.  Like that time I actually tried to kill myself.

I can't believe I'm actually gonna put this in print:

I was very depressed after my divorce from my first wife, the woman who won the 'Best Looking Redhead in Seattle Contest' the summer I met her.  So much so in fact, that I drove up into the mountains east of town, and parked.  I had brought a garden hose and a roll of duct tape with me, and I used them in my attempt to create my 'canopy to end the sadness.'  Well… it didn't work.  I woke up a couple hours after going to sleep, with the car still faithfully idling.

My first thought was, 'Shoot, I can't do anything right.'  My second thought was, 'Oh my gosh, I have the worst headache I've ever had.'   My third thought was the one that's never left me.  I realized that I had discovered my 'purpose in life.'  It's just like the 'born-agains' say… it's like waking up for the first time.  And it really is, a very simple thing.  I've heard that when someone finally 'figures it out,' that it becomes almost silly, how simple the answer is.  My purpose is actually two-fold:

1) To try and enjoy the life God gave me, to the best of my ability… to appreciate and be eternally grateful for the opportunity I have been blessed with; and 2) To help other people enjoy their lives too.  Jeesh… is that basic OR WHAT!?!?  Ever since that moment I woke up with that scareeaamming headache, I have felt a certain 'piece of peace.'  I guess putting my attempted suicide down on paper isn't a bad thing after all.  If what happened to me (my epiphany) helps even one person feel better about them selves, then it was completely worth the risk of admitting my 'weakness.’  Wait a sec… by admitting my weakness I am proving my strength, aren't I?  Yea, that's it.  That's the ticket.

Ok, back to the story, I promised you something dramatic.  It was exactly at the moment that I had backed off the throttle, and had glanced down at my speedo to see my speed at 70mph, that I looked back up and saw the deer.  If I could have stopped time… frozen the moment into a picture… I could have reached out and literally touched the deer's face.  It was a full-grown girl deer.  She had the most expressively beautiful huge deep dark brown eyes I've ever seen.

I say expressive because I could see what she was thinking, and it was the exact same thing that I was thinking…  I remember saying it out loud, just milliseconds after the frozen moment in time… "Whew, that was a close one… that coulda really hurt."

How's that for proof of my luck, and of the biker feeling of connection?  The description I just wrote of the experience is, without any exaggeration, truthful, honest, and accurate.  God does obviously love me.  Thank ya Jesus.

The next thought I recall having after the, ‘that coulda really hurt’ thought, was one of gratitude.  The white light protective energy that my brother Bev had given me earlier that morning had come in quite handy.  Thank ya Bev.

No comments:

Post a Comment