A little about me, and why I'm doing this.

I do enjoy sharing the circumstances and events that occur to me on my Road Trips, but mostly...

I want to share what's inside me... my emotions, my intuitions, and my dreams...

With the hope of distracting and encouraging you to think outside the box.

We all need to be distracted and encouraged once in a while, don’t we?

If this distraction also brings enjoyment or entertainment to you… It will make me happy.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.

I hope you decide you want to get to know me.
I would love to get to know you!
My photo
San Francisco, California, United States
I'm an open minded, honest, fun loving guy, who loves sharing … my insights, my experiences, and my opinions about life... other people … and anything else that jumps into my mind when I’m in (or out of) the saddle. Spirituality-YES. Religion-NO. Sexuality-YES. Politics-NO. Humor-ALWAYS.

THIS IS SHARON

THIS IS SHARON
My Student, My Mentor, My Soulmate.

HERE ARE MY STORIES

May 17, 2013

"Taumie & My Mexican Heritage"


Taumie is my sister's middle child and oldest daughter.  She and her kids and her kids' kids, have upheld their responsibility to keep the world populated… that's for sure.  I like to say about our family… "We're Mexican, and we breed like rabbits."

That reminds me of a joke.  My Mom told me this joke, and since then, it's been one of my very favorites.  It is not a politically correct joke, but I have told it many times without any problems… probably mostly because I always tell my audience that I'm ½ Mexican, and that my Mother, who was 100%, is the one who taught me the joke.
 
Here it is:

A mother duck and baby duck… a mother skunk and a baby skunk… all four of them were walking down the side of a road.  A car came around the corner and ran over the mother duck and the mother skunk.  The baby duck started to cry and the baby skunk asked him, "Why are you crying?"  The baby ducks says, "The car just ran over my mom, and I don't know what I am yet."  The baby skunk says, "Well, let's look atchya… you've got feathers, webbed feet, and a bill for a nose… you must be a duck."  

Then the baby skunk starts to cry.  The duck asks him why… same reason… "The car killed my mom too and I don't know what I am yet."  The baby duck says, "Well, let's look atchya… you're not black and you're not white, and you smell like hell… you must be a Mexican."

I just love that joke.  Most of the Mexicans I tell it to, love it as well.  That's one of the many things I've always admired about my brown skinned relatives… most of them are very self secure, and have no problem laughing at them selves.  Mexicans… in my experience… do not take themselves nearly as seriously as white people.  That's one of the things I've always admired about them (us)… they typically have a great sense of humor.

There are other things too, like… the importance they put on family…  their honesty… generosity… work ethic... things like that.  Often, I am more proud of being Mexican than I am of being white.

Also… my heritage gave me a decent 'pick up line' that I used when I was a young buck.  I used to say, "I'm half Mexican and half Dutch, which makes me a Viking Lover.  I just love to rape and pillage.  First I rape them, then I make them love me."  I know, pretty crude, but… it was surprisingly effective at times.

Taumie and her husband Gerry (or Ug for short) made me feel truly welcomed into their home.  Out of everyone in my family, Taumie and her 'brood' seem to understand, or at least tolerate me better than anyone else.  We call each other the black sheep of the family, but don't worry… we know our hearts aren't black.  Maybe it's because our hearts are so big, that we sometimes have problems with other family members.  Or maybe it's because of our higher intellect.  Or better looks.  Or maybe it's 'cuz we're all so darn modest.  In any case, I was really looking forward to spending a few days with them.  I always feel better when I'm near them.  Thank you for loving me Taumie.  I love you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment